I thought introductions may be the best way to start out our journey together! So here are some ‘fun’ FACTS about me!
1. I grew up in New London, MN
2. I tried to move away a few times, but always came back. I currently own a children’s boutique in downtown New London.
3. I am happily married to Dave. He is my perfect match. The love of my life.
4. I have 3 children: Micah, 18. Jordan, 17. Jenna, 16. These children literally saved my life. (More on that to come…). Beyond in- love with them.
5. I gave my life to Jesus at a very young age, but my faith became my own in junior high.
6. I was adopted from Seoul, Korea when I was 5 1/2 months old. in 1971. You can do the math… 😉
7. I sing and play keyboard/piano. I traveled for a year across the US and Indonesia and Thailand with Carpenter’s Tools International. I turned 16 in South Africa on a separate mission trip!
8. I love to knit and spin yarn.
9. I enjoy running, and working out.
10. I would love to write a book.
11. We have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named, “Finn.” He’s my shop dog and comes to work with me every day.
12. I don’t like bugs.
13. I am not a super outdoorsy person… I wish I was. I don’t like to camp.
14. I am addicted to chips and salsa. Morning. Noon. And Night.
15. I have have been divorced twice. (More on that too)…
16. I have depression. I take “happy pills” and they have made all the difference in the world. God created good doctors and medication to help us. It’s ok.
17. I am an open book. I love to share. (And then…I think about IF I should’ve shared or not… 😉
18. Something REALLY BIG may be happening in my life very soon. I promise I will share it soon!
19. My favorite books to read are memoirs.
20. My son has Aspberger’s. He has overcome a lot and is attending Ridgewater as a freshman this year!
21. COFFEE. ‘Nuf said.
22. I lied on my license picture. I’m not 5’2″.
23. Sometimes when it’s slow at work, I knit and watch Netflix. I’m the boss… I like that.
24. Go to candy: Gummy Bears (has to be the “Haribo” brand).
25. I was Miss New London in high school. So when my husband says, “oh go put on your tiara!” when I ask too much of him… he actually means it! Too funny.
26. My nickname is Ally.
27.Most importantly: I love Jesus. With all my heart. I tried to push God away during some dark times in my life. But He has redeemed my life from the PIT. And THAT is why I feel led to be part of a group like this. Life is HARD. Sometimes, it is a daily battle to find the strength to go on. But HE is faithful. HE is with us. HE redeems us, forgives us, and loves us beyond all human understanding. Thank you God!